Social Media Strategy
Social media: Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Youtube, blogs and more. Over the past several years, the internet has become a lot more interconnected, and online social influence has become currency.
There are a lot of options and tools available. How can your organization benefit from the power of social media? First of all, it's important to remember that social media is a tool, not a strategy. We will work with your team to develop a strategic social media plan to more effectively enhance your overall communications or online strategy: to enhance community engagement, multiply or amplify message distribution, engage in new two-way communications with your members/donors, generally increase your marketing and exposure, or perhaps address goals other than these examples. Or more likely, a combination of all of these!
With social media the technical details are not the challenging part. Integration with all of the possible social media sites (Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, Digg, Flickr, Wordpress, del.icio.us, Buzz, etc) is technically quite straightforward. What our team will do is help your organization develop and execute strategic plan for how to best integrate these tools.
Here is an example on how this can work. Consider that your goal may be to increate your online community. Here are some of the things that you may wish to do:
- Create a stronger online community via your website, where members have a reason to return to the site frequently and see the interaction of other members via social media integration.
- Build on your site's array of content and information, adding an opportunity for members to engage in a continuous dialogue on the site.
- A Twitter account can feed information onto your homepage allowing the person managing the Twitter account to quickly post info to the site via Twitter. This can include text, photos or video.
- Functions such as Facebook's “Like This” buttons as well as automatically generated Twitter “Re-Tweet” buttons will allow your users to virally link to pages and spread interesting information from the site.
- Creation of expert blogs produced by your team members, including linkable postings and comments, to generate discussion and build community (as well as exposure) online.
- If your site has member profiles, integration of members’ social media accounts (such as Facebook, Linked in and Twitter) into their profiles allows for easy cross posting.
This is just a quick sample list. We will work with you to determine a customized social media strategy that will help you achieve your goals.
Want to discuss this further? Tweet us or click here
to get in touch!